The International Midway Memorial Foundation, Inc., is a tax-exempt, non-profit
organization incorporated in the state of Maryland and dedicated to honoring and
preserving the memory and values of the Battle of Midway. Its mission is to ensure
Midway's rightful place in history as one of the most decisive naval battles of world
history and the turning point of the war in the Pacific against Japan in World War II.
The Foundation's goals are designed to promote and preserve the memory and
significance of the battle of Midway and the first six months of the war in the
- Support President George Bush's proposal for an extended Pearl Harbor
National Memorial which includes historic sites in the Pacific; assist
in its execution and maintenance as requested by the Department of the
- Support and assist in the designation of the USS YORKTOWN as a National
- Support and assist in the designation of Ewa Marine Corps Air Station
as a National Monument.
- Complete the writing of "Midway: An Historical Perspective" within a
two-year time frame.
- Produce the definitive documentary film on the battle of Midway:
"Against All Odds."
- Co-host a Battle of Midway Symposium in the Washington, D.C. area in
June 2009, in association with the George Washington University Department
- Promote and assist in a visitor's program to the Midway Islands.